Voters go to the polls May 20, 2014 to vote on school district essentials: the budget and the board of education.
Many say the trustee position (board members serve 3-year terms and are unpaid) is one of the most important local political positions around.
If you're thinking about running, the place to learn about the job is at the annual Prospective School Board Member Workshop held this time every year.Here are the details:
- It's from 6:45 pm -9:15 pm April 10 at the Education House, 5 Homeside Lane in White Plains.
- The program will feature a panel of current school board members and an area school superintendent discussing topics such as: roles and responsibilities, district issues and operations, and the myths and realities of board service.
- It is provided as a public service of the Westchester Putnam School Boards Association and is free for prospective board of education members from Westchester and Putnam.
- There is a $10 fee for prospective board members from other areas.
- For more information, please call WPSBA at 914-345-8737 or email email@example.com.
- To RSVP electronically, visit the Westchester Putnam School Boards Association website at www.wpsba.org and click on the link for Prospective School Board Member Workshop.