The Port Chester school board is set tonight to honor the Port Chester High School varsity boys soccer team for its amazing season, in which the team went all the way to the state championships.
The school board is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. at Thomas Edison Elementary School. The meeting will also include a state of the school message from the Edison school principal.
The boys soccer team is set to be honored during a portion of the meeting that salutes students and staff. The soccer team won the Section 1 championship, went on to win the regional championship and faced last year's champ Jericho in the final in Orange County.
The Rams fell 2-1 in that final game.
Here's the agenda for tonight's board meeting:
• Call to Order
• Pledge of Allegiance
• President’s Opening Remarks
• Staff and Student Recognition
• Varsity Soccer
• Buildings and Grounds
• Principal’s State of the School Address
• Ivan Tolentino – Principal
• Public Comment
• Treasurer’s Report
• September 2012
• Approval of Minutes
• Regular Meeting October 24th 2012
• Student and Staff Recognitions – Varsity Soccer Team
• Student and Staff Recognitions – Buildings and Grounds
• Temporary Authorization for the District Treasurer to Disburse Funds
• Transportation Contracts
• Hurricane Sandy – JFK Roof Repair SEQRA
• Tamarack Tower Grants
• IBM – JFK Greenhouse Donation
• Rye Country Day School - JFK Book Donation
• Report From Superintendent
• Superintendents Request for Action
• District Accountability Status Report 2012– Carlos Sanchez, Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
• Board of Education Issues
• Board of Education Roundtable / Discussion