Longtime Port Chester School Board member acknowledged differences among board members but said he would work to overcome those issues as he was sworn in as the new board president on Friday.
Dreves replaces Blanca Lopez as president following her defeat in the 2012 school board election. , who won in the election, took his seat on the school board on Friday.
At their reorganization meeting Friday evening, the school board members also named Anne Capeci as vice president.
“I thank the whole board for their support,” said Dreves. “I understand that we have had differences and I plan to work very hard to make sure that we overcome those differences. I also promise that I will work specifically to make sure that we have trust on this board.”
said he is ready for his new role on the school board.
“Whenever you are doing something for the first time there is a bit of a period where you are getting your feet wet,” said Corbia. “When the big issues come I won’t be afraid to make my point, behind closed doors and at the microphone too. I have my agenda and the people who elected me did so for a reason and I am going to try and uphold it."
After the Reorganization meeting the regular school board meeting began.
The following resolutions were unanimously passed:
- Participation in the National Lunch Program for 2012-12013 and offer Type A Lunch Program
- Free and Reduced Price Meals
- 2012-2013 Food Service Meal Prices
- Professional Service Contracts/Consultants
- Participation in Bids (GML 103(2))
- District Authorized to Standardize Equipment
- District Credit Card Usage
- Mileage Reimbursement Rate
- County Coach Parking Lot Lease – 2012-2013
- Whitson’s Per Meal Reimbursement
- Committee on the Preschool Special Education Recommendations
- Committee on the Committee on Special Education Recommendations
- Section 504 Committee Tecommendations
- Contract Extensions
- Competetive Bids
The board also took time to thank for a monetary donation of $7,000 for the purchase of a new scoreboard at Port Chester High School.
“This donation has really taken care of a nice and important thing that we wouldn’t have been able to do,” said Dreves. “Tamarack Tower has done many things over the past few years that has benefitted the schools. This is a big donation and I really want to thank them.”
A list of food service meal prices for 2012-2013 and a chart of the authorized contracted services for 2012-213 are attached to this article.