Reckson Operating Partnership LP., the company hoping to build a 140,000 square foot ice facility at 1100 King Street, is scheduled to present at a public hearing on its application for a special permit and amended site plan on Monday, Aug. 19 at 7:30 p.m. in Rye Brook Village Hall. But they have asked for an adjournment until Oct. 22, which the board is expected to grant. The hearing is the fourth on Reckson this year, and has been postponed twice this summer, the original hearing set for June.
Reckson's attorney William Null, submitted a letter on Aug. 5 that asked the board to adjourn the hearing until Oct. 22, "so that we may have additional time to coordinate responses to comments." In the letter, the applicant agreed to an extension on the adoption of any environmental determination as well.
Earlier this summer, Reckson agreed to an extension on the adoption of any environmental determination as they continue to review certain questions and prepare responses to the board, according to a letter from Reckson’s attorney to the Board last month.
The village board asked Reckson for specific information and many residents continued their protest of the application during the third public hearing in late May.
Reckson is expected to answer more questions and present more information from additional studies on traffic, safety and emergency vehicle access at their next appearance.
Here is the full agenda:
7:00 P.M. – EXECUTIVE SESSION: Non-Union Compensation
Agreement for acquisition of real property at 511 West William Street
7:30 P.M. – REGULAR MEETING:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
1) Public hearing on an application for approval of a special permit and amended site plan for Reckson Operating Partnership, L.P. at property located at 1100 King Street (Village Board will consider the applicant’s request for an adjournment of the public hearing)
2) Public hearing on a proposed amended site plan application by Rye King Associates, LLC for property located at 900 King Street
1) Considering a proposed amended site plan application by Rye King Associates, LLC for property located at 900 King Street
2) Considering referring a special permit and site plan application by RRC/ LCS, Inc. for property located at 561 Westchester Avenue to the Planning Board for report and recommendation
3) Considering approving use of village streets for the annual Jarden Westchester Triathlon
4) Considering approving the use of Pine Ridge Park for a basketball tournament in support of the LUNGevity Foundation
5) Considering setting a public hearing regarding proposed amendments to chapters 8, 209 and 250 of the village code regarding the scenic roads overlay district
6) Considering approving the collective bargaining agreement with the Rye Brook Highway Department and Parks personnel, Local 456, International Brotherhood of Teamsters
7) Adoption a determination of significance pursuant to SEQRA concerning the proposed action of acquiring the Highway Garage through the issuance of a bond
8) Considering a resolution authorizing the issuance of bonds of the Village of Rye Brook, Westchester County, New York, to pay the cost of the acquisition of land and the highway garage thereon, in and for said village
9) Considering authorization of a contract of sale for the purchase of property located at West William Street
10) Considering a modification of the License & Permit Fee Schedule to create a fee for Halloween in the Park
11) Considering an Intermunicipal agreement with Westchester County and the Village of Rye Brook for prisoner transportation
12) Considering approving 2012/2013 year-end budget modifications
13) Considering the transfer of capital funds for road resurfacing
14) Considering a modification of the Board of Trustees meeting schedule
1) Considering proposed amendments to Chapters 179, 209 & 250 of the Village Code regarding shopping centers
2) Considering proposed amendments to chapters 250, 209, 179 and 196 of the village code regarding reviews of site plan by the Village Board and Planning Board
1) Modifications to travel camp and the License & Permit Fee Schedule
2) Proposed Generator Local Law
ACTION ON NON-AGENDA MATTERS SUBJECT TO THE CONSENT OF THE TRUSTEES PRESENT AT THE MEETING
THE NEXT SPECIAL AND REGULAR TRUSTEES MEETINGS Sept. 10, 2013
Editor's Note: This article has been changed from its original version to reflect that Reckson has asked for another adjournment of the public hearing.