An 18-year-old Port Chester woman and a 16-year-old Port Chester boy were treated Monday night at Greenwich Hospital for illness after they drank a tea they made using a hallucinogenic plant.
Port Chester police said they received an emergency call from a Westchester Avenue apartment at about 9:24 p.m. on Monday, and police and emergency medical personnel discovered an 18-year-old Port Chester woman who was vomitting. The woman and her 16-year-old boyfriend said they had been drinking the hallucinogen-laced tea.
The woman was taken to Greenwich Hospital, where police said she became combative and had to be restrained. While at the hospital, the 16-year-old complained of illness and police said his parents were called to go to the hospital so they could approve his being admitted for treatment.
Although police declined to identify the hallucinogenic plant, they said it is a powerful hallucinogen that can cause serious illness when ingested.