.

House Fire Damages Basement in Port Chester

Embers from fireplace ignite book case.

Embers from a fireplace ignited a book case and started a fire in the basement of an Irenhyl Avenue home, according to the Port Chester Fire Department.

Fire Chief Kevin McFadden said the 10 p.m. Friday fire at 39 Irenhyl Ave. was quickly extinguished and appears to have been accidental.

About 50 volunteers of the Port Chester Fire Department responded to the emergency call, and a tower ladder truck from Purchase — along with six firefighters — was called to assist.

Ernest November 28, 2012 at 01:00 AM
I presume that the fireplace would be on the first floor level. Where was the bookcase located in relation to the fireplace? Embers traveled to the basement? Possibly no door on the clean out ? How about more details guys, thanks.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »