Port Chester firefighters were on Seymour Road on Friday in the village battling a fire at a three-story building.
There was quite a bit of smoke and fire damage to the attic of the home.
"We got a call that smoke was coming from the roof," said Luis Marino, Port Chester firefighter and board trustee, adding that when he turned on to Seymour Road, he could see a lot of smoke and that it was more serious than they expected. "It got very hot in there. We got really beat up in there from all the heat."
Several firefighters had to sit down as they were overheating from battling attic fire.
"The whole attic burned, but we have everything under control now," said Marino.
One person was taken to the hospital due to heat exhaustion.