The football season has kicked off, Election Day is fast approaching and baseball's playoffs are just weeks away, so plenty of opinions are flying around our towns at water coolers, watering holes and dinner tables.
While not everyone has strong feelings about the Giants' offense, health care reform or the 25-man roster, nobody is shy about answering this question: Which restaurant makes the best burger?
Next month, presents the Greenwich 2012 Food+Wine Festival at , featuring the best food in Fairfield and Westchester Counties and with 100 percent of net proceeds going to The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp. Visit GreenwichFoodandWine.com to purchase tickets.
To get our Patch readers into the mood, we're holding a "Your Favorite Burger" contest whose prizes include two tickets to Saturday, Oct. 6, and a chance to sit on a celebrity chef panel for a widely anticipated "Burger Battle" at the festival, as well as a chance to be published in Serendipity Magazine.
Here's how the contest works:
- Tell us in a comment below what's your favorite burger and who makes it, and pay homage to your choice by finishing the last two lines to this poem: Malbec is red, Stilton is blue, ...
- Patch will take your poems through Monday, Sept. 17, and present a list of finalists in one screen grab on Tuesday, Sept. 18 (which is National Cheeseburger Day).
- Winners will be selected with the help of Patch users. You will vote on your favorite caption through the "comments" section on this story (Example: “I think No. 7 of 10 is the best”). We'll announce the winners on Wednesday, Sept. 19.
More details about the contest are attached.
We're giving away 10 pairs of tickets to Saturday, Oct. 6:
- Five for the best five poems, as per your votes (and we'll have one grand prize winner in there);
- Five more selected from a raffle into which everyone who uploads a poem to this contest is entered.
VIP tickets also come with preferred parking. Here’s some info about Serendipity magazine's terrific charity event, sponsored in part by Fairfield County's trusted guide to great food, CTbites (check out the festival website for more details):
- Culinary Village At the heart of the Festival, the Culinary Village Tents will offer grand, savory tastings and intriguing demonstrations from more than 90 exclusive food, wine and spirit stations.
- BBQ Pit Masters’ Tent This hot spot is perfect for grilling enthusiasts! Guests will meet grill masters and sample special bites fresh off the grills.
- Live Demonstration Tent Watch, learn, and enjoy, as our outstanding line-up of celebrity guests and featured local chefs demonstrate their skills in this intimate setting.
- Concert Stage Guests will enjoy incredible musical performances by Big Head Todd and the Monsters, The Felice Brothers, Will Hoge and more.
Special performance by the GREGG ALLMAN BAND.
- Serendipity VIP Tent VIP ticket holders will have access to this private lounge, including full bar, elite wines and gourmet treats. There are also private restrooms.
- Grand Tasting Gala Tent Wander the elegant clear tent with view of the Long Island Sound as you watch some of the area's top chefs prepare decadent dinner tastings. Guest will also enjoy some of the world's finest wines and spirits.
- Book Signings Books will be available for purchase. Celebrity Chefs will be available to greet, meet and sign their books.