Port Chester paid a Veterans Day tribute on Sunday to its residents who made the supreme sacrifice, re-dedicating a series of plaques at Lyon Park that have been refurbished in a project organized by a local veteran.
The 11 a.m. ceremony was led by veteran Richard D. Cuddy, who lobbied for the restoration of the plaques and spearheaded the effort.
The ceremony included:
- The Pledge of Allegiance led by Dan Bologna, WWII Veteran, D-Day Invasion
- Prayer by Fr. Vince Paczkowski, Corpus Christi Church, Port Chester
- Speaker Hank C. Birdsall, commander, VFW Post 1576
- Benediction by Cantor Alexis Sklar, Congregation KTI
- Taps by Anthony Bubbico Jr.
- At the Vietnam Memorial, God Bless America was sung by Kim Maguire
and Amazing Grace played on bagpipes by William P. Sullivan Jr., Purple Heart recipient, Vietnam Veteran
Cub Scout Noah Birdsal participated, along with Boy Scouts Clayton Adams, Salvatore Derose, Brian Nieto, Michael Barquet and Christian Corbo.