Problem with Stove Creates Gas Odor at Port Chester Building

Police, firefighters find stove was left on, but the flame went out.

A problem with a stove at a Port Chester apartment building created a gas scare, according to Port Chester Police.

An odor of gas was detected about 7:45 a.m. Monday on the seventh floor of 245 King St. An investigation determined that a burner on a stove in an apartment was left, but the flame had gone out.

Port Chester police and firefighters when to the building and found the apartment where the odor was coming from. They could hear a television set on in the apartment, but no one was answering the door.

Police and firefighters were able to obtain a key to the apartment and found that no one was home. They discovered the problem with the stove, turned the burner off and opened windows in the apartment to clear the gas that had escaped.

No one was injured in the incident.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »