As Port Chester and the rest of Westchester County begins the clean up from Hurricane Sandy, Port Chester officials say residents should follow some key safety precaustions.
Village Manager Christopher Steers says:
- Stay off the roads and only venture out if absolutely necessary.
- Report any hazardous conditions to Port Chester Police Department at 914-939-1000
- Not to touch trees, limbs, etc.. that may be in contact with power lines.
- Do not attempt to move or interfere with any downed power lines.
- To stay out of all village parks due to the danger of falling trees and or limbs.
- Be extremely cautious with candles and/or any other open flames.