With the April 15 income tax filing deadline less than a month away, taxpayers who need help sorting through their forms and deductions can get free help at the Port Chester-Rye Brook Library.
The library, in conjunction with the AARP, has help sessions every Thursday through until April 11. Tax help is available 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the library, 1 Haseco Ave., Port Chester.
The library recommends getting there as early as possible if you need the free tax help.
If you seek help with your tax forms, here's what you'll need to bring:
- A copy of last year's federal and state income tax returns
- W-2 forms shoing income from your employer
- 1099-R forms shoing pension or annuity income
- SSA-109 forms showing Social Security benefits
- 1099-Div, -INT, -G, -MISC, -OID forms showing dividends, interest, state tax refunds, gambling income, etc.
- Any other information about your income and deductions
- Photo ID and Social Security/ITIN cards
- Bank information, if direct deposit of refund is desired.
The library also has a supply of tax forms if you want to pick up forms to do your own taxes.